Available LDAO online workshops can be purchased directly from our online Shopping Cart
There are many different types of online education opportunities. Most of the LDAO online workshops are self-paced and can be accessed at any time. There are Comments & Questions boxes where you can share ideas with other participants and ask questions of the moderator. Our Professional workshops are also self-paced but have activities and assignments that are to be submitted for a Certificate of Completion. Our Partnering with Schools for Student Success course runs for seven weeks twice a year.
All of our online workshops and courses are delivered via LDAO’s Online Learning Platform at workshops.ldao.ca which you can access once you have been issued a User Name and Password by email.
Online Workshops and Courses:
Select the links below for more information about our courses or workshops.
- IEP 101 Online Workshop for Parents and Students
- Parent Workshop Series: Setting Up Your Child For Success
- Professionals Workshop Series: Introduction to LDs and ADHD
- Learning Styles & Self-Advocacy for Youth
- Learning Styles & Self-Advocacy for Adults
- Partnering with Schools for Student Success: Effective Parent Advocacy
Other informational workshops and conferences offered by our Chapters and other organizations are always listed in our Ontario LD Events section – select this link to visit that section of our website.
More Information about LDAO Workshops and Courses:
Please note that registration process varies according to the course or workshop you are interested in. For complete registration instructions for a course or workshop you would like to participate in, please look for the link to register in the course or workshop description information.
Read below LDAO’s policy document on payment, withdraws, and requirements for course and workshop completion. Most workshops have a nominal fee. Courses which have assignments and Certificates of Completion cost more.
Refunds are not provided for the online workshops once a username and password has been provided.
A sliding scale will be employed for refunds as follows:
- 50 Percent Refund – A 50 percent refund will be granted to registrants who official withdraw in writing up to 30 days to the start of the course.
- 25 Percent Refund – A 25% refund will be granted to registrants who officially withdraw in writing up to 10 days prior to the course.
- 0 Percent Refund – No refund will be provided once the course starts.
- Nonattendance of a course is not considered an official withdrawal.
- Should the course be cancelled by the LDAO a full refund will be provided to all participants.
Certificates of Completion are offered for the professional workshops. When you have finished a course and submitted successful assignments, we will send you a Certificate of Completion which you can add to your portfolio.
LDAO is committed to protecting your privacy. We understand that our visitors and registered members need to be in control of their personal information. All data you provide to us is confidential and will not be sold or shared with a third party. Our policies are designed to provide you with a private and secure means of gaining and using information.
Links to Other Sites