Scholarships Available to Students with Learning Disabilities
LDA of Ontario
365 Evans Ave., Ste. 202, Toronto, ON M8Z 1K2 Phone: (416) 929-4311 Fax: (416) 929-3905 Website: www.LDAO.ca
Roy Cooper Memorial Scholarship:
- LDAO offers an annual $1,000 scholarship award in memory of Roy V. Cooper, whose volunteerism within his own chapter community and the LDAO is recognized.
- The scholarship recognizes an Ontario high school student who has a documented Learning Disability and who will be attending a postsecondary institution in the upcoming academic year. The student must be pursuing a bachelor of engineering or a bachelor of science in a physical sciences discipline (please note: physical sciences do not include social sciences or technology majors). Candidates must have been full time high school students during the 2021-2022 school year and be entering their first year of college or university in 2022-2023.
- Applications are to be received by local LDA chapters by Friday, July 29, 2022. Chapters will recommend one candidate from their area each year to be placed in the provincial competition. Please contact your local chapter to obtain an application form: www.ldao.ca/lda-in-canada/ldao-chapters/
NEADS National Student Awards Program:
- The awards will be offered to outstanding applicants who meet the criteria of the program. The awards are paid directly to the post-secondary institution (in the students accounts) that the recipients are attending to defray the cost of tuition fees for post-secondary study
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Applicants must have a permanent disability (a permanent functional limitation which affects the ability of the student to participate fully in post-secondary education).
- Applicants must be currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. Full-time status is at least 40% of a full course load
- Deadline May 10
Justin Eves Foundation Scholarship: For students with learning disabilities attending college or university
20 Burkebrook Place, Suite 715, Toronto, ON M4G 0A1 Phone: (416) 586-0085 Website: www.justinevesfoundation.org
Deadline June 30, 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year