Scholarships Available to Students with Learning Disabilities
LDA of Ontario
365 Evans Ave., Ste. 202, Toronto, ON M8Z 1K2 Phone: (416) 929-4311 Fax: (416) 929-3905 Website: www.LDAO.ca
Roy Cooper Memorial Scholarship:
- LDAO offers an annual $1,000 scholarship award in memory of Roy V. Cooper, whose volunteerism within his own chapter community and the LDAO is recognized.
- The scholarship recognizes an Ontario high school student who has a documented Learning Disability as a primary diagnosis and who will be attending a postsecondary institution in the upcoming academic year. The student must be pursuing a bachelor of engineering or a bachelor of science in a physical sciences discipline (please note: physical sciences do not include social sciences or technology majors). Candidates must have been full time high school students during the 2022-2023 school year and be entering their first year of college or university in 2023-2024.
- Applications are to be received by local LDA chapters by Friday, June 30, 2023: www.ldao.ca/lda-in-canada/ldao-chapters/. Chapters will recommend one candidate from their area each year to be placed in the provincial competition.
- Contact your local LDA chapter to obtain an application form
- The awards will be offered to outstanding applicants who meet the criteria of the program. The awards are paid directly to the post-secondary institution (in the students accounts) that the recipients are attending to defray the cost of tuition fees for post-secondary study
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Applicants must have a permanent disability (a permanent functional limitation which affects the ability of the student to participate fully in post-secondary education).
- Applicants must be currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. Full-time status is at least 40% of a full course load
- Deadline Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 5pm PT, Pacific time.
Justin Eves Foundation Scholarship: For students with learning disabilities attending college or university
20 Burkebrook Place, Suite 715, Toronto, ON M4G 0A1 Phone: (416) 586-0085 Website: www.justinevesfoundation.org
Deadline June 30, 2023 for the 2023-2024 academic year