LDAO’s mission is to provide leadership in learning disabilities advocacy, research, education and services and to advance the full participation of children, youth and adults with learning disabilities in today’s society. We value promoting positive change through:
- Strategic partnerships
- Credible advocacy
- Informed public policy and
- Quality products and services
What does LDAO do?
Assists people with learning disabilities and their families in meeting their expressed needs by:
- providing support, guidance and up-to-date resource information
- providing the opportunity for the sharing of information and common concerns
- encouraging research in the field of learning disabilities
- supporting and generating legislative initiatives.
Furthers the educational, social, recreational, legal, medical, vocational and employment opportunities for people with learning disabilities in Ontario.
Acquaints professionals working in the above listed fields — education, recreation, legislation and justice, health, vocational training and employment – with the current literature and research in the field of learning disabilities.
Creates public awareness of learning disabilities by informing the public of the issues and challenges faced by people with learning disabilities. Check out some of our public awareness events.