Have a student with a print disability? Connect them to accessible reading!
If you’re an educator supporting a student with a print disability you can receive free access to thousands of accessible reading materials, including a free Bookshare account, for your student through the Educator Access Program from the Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA).
What can you access through CELA?
- 300,000+ accessible books in audio, braille or accessible e-book format
- Free Bookshare organizational account for your school
- Fiction and non-fiction, including academic materials
- Free DAISY Direct to Player app for iOS or Android devices
- Training videos, tutorials and webinars
What’s a print disability?
A print disability is any condition that makes it difficult or impossible to read standard print, including learning, visual or physical disabilities.
Find out more and sign up at celalibrary.ca/educators or ask at your public library.
CELA services are available in Ontario public libraries thanks to funding from the Government of Ontario.