Scholarships Available to Students with Learning Disabilities
The Justin Eves Foundation
595 Bay St., Ste 1202, Toronto, ON M5G 2C2 Phone: (416) 586-0085 Fax: (416) 586-1480 Website: www.justinevesfoundation.com
- Justin Eves Foundation Scholarship: For students with learning disabilities attending college or university
- Deadline June 30, 2017 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
LDA of Ontario
365 Evans Ave., Ste. 202, Toronto, ON M8Z 1K2 Phone: (416) 929-4311 Fax: (416) 929-3905 Website: www.LDAO.ca
The Gloria Landis Memorial Bursary is no longer available.
Roy Cooper Scholarship:
- LDAO offers an annual $1,000 scholarship award in memory of Roy V. Cooper, whose volunteerism within his own chapter community and the LDAO is recognized.
- The scholarship recognizes an Ontario high school student who has a documented Learning Disability and who will be attending a postsecondary institution in the upcoming academic year. The student must be pursuing a bachelor of engineering or a bachelor of science in a physical sciences discipline (please note: physical sciences do not include social sciences or technology majors). Candidates must have been full time high school students during the 2016-2017 school year and be entering their first year of college or university in 2017-2018.
- Applications are to be received by local LDA chapters by June 16, 2016. Chapters will recommend one candidate from their area each year to be placed in the provincial competition. Please contact your local chapter to obtain an application form:
Online Scholarships Resources:
- www.neads.ca National Directory of Financial Assistance Programs for Post-Secondary Students with Disabilities posted by the National Educational Association of Disabled Students